Headquartered in Switzerland, Swissport is a global leader in aviation services, providing ground and cargo handling and ancillary value-added services to the world's airlines.
Having held the company for four years, the leading UK private equity house Candover appointed Barons as lead advisor on the sale (co-advised by Alpha Corporate of Spain and Rothschild). The prevailing view at the time of our appointment was that an optimal exit would be achieved through an Initial Public Offering (IPO).
However, based on our understanding of the sector and the dynamics of the market at the time, we conceived and developed the idea of achieving exit by a sale to a Spanish construction company. After a full competitive auction process, Swissport was eventually sold to Ferrovial Servicios SA, the well-known leading Spanish industrial group.
The total transaction value was CHF 1 billion (€650 million)Our value-add:
- Deal concept and transaction initiation
- In-depth aviation and support services expertise
- Valuation advice
- Preparation of detailed marketing material
- Extensive cross border contacts network with the necessary depth and scope to identify potential European and global buyers across a wide range of industries
- Conduct of a full competitive auction process
- Management of the detailed Due Diligence process
Negotiation of deal terms to allow Candover to realise a significant return on its initial investment